Hello from Central Texas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mr.Centex, May 10, 2009.

1. Mr.Centex

Mr.Centex LawnSite Member

Hello everyone,

I'm 25 years old, married along with 2 wonderful children. I just started my lawn care business within the last 2 weeks. My truck and trailer are commercially insured, my equipment is insured and I have $1mm in general liability.

In the past 2 weeks I've picked up and serviced 2 residential accounts, 2 small landscaping jobs, 1 large debris cleanup, 2 commercial bids and have been low-balled 2 times already :p

It's been a very busy two weeks but I am loving it (especially since I still have a full time job). I've learned a lot by reading this forum prior to getting started and want to thank everyone who has contributed their knowledge/advise on this forum.

Thanks,
    Mr.Centex

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome.........................need pictures of your equipment...........:)

Great site for info from LCO's across the US and Canada......:usflag:

3. Mr.Centex

I will try to have some up on tuesday :)

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site and good luck this season.

5. Mr.Centex

I want to thank everyone who has replied. I'm still working on getting some pictures up on the site :)

I'm very glad to say that I have picked up a few more residential & commercial accounts, which I am now officaly turning a profit. The majority of my business has come from google (I'm #1 on the local listings).

I'm getting an average of 1 estimate request per day. If it wasn't for lowballers I would have 20 accounts right now :(

6. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Where abouts in central Texas are you located?

7. Mr.Centex

I'm in Temple.