Hello from Ft Leonard Wood, MO

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tasco, Jun 18, 2010.

1. tasco

tasco LawnSite Member

Hello, my name is Mike I'm 29 and I've been serving our country for nearly 10 years. I'm a veteran of two deployments, both to Iraq with mini-deployments within the US.

I'm very fortunate to have a second job in the lawn care/maintenance business. I don't run with any high dollar equipment just yet. I have to convince my wife why a $300 dollar 323L Husky is better than my $70 dollar Bolens BL100. I also have no mowers yet to include push mowers. I mostly do trimming right now but in the near future I will be doing a 34 acre property which in-tells clearing a 4 foot path around the property for a fence.

I've also done this type of work before I joined the service. But that was 11 years or so ago. Back then during an off day, just a walk in the neighborhood paid for a new gas trimmer along with a weeks worth of gas.

I also can say that I'm a bit cheap when it comes to this job. I charge $10 dollars an hour and collect my pay every 10 man hours completed (H.O.A contract via third party).

There is one more thing I would like to add before I end this intro. I've seen many things on the internet but honestly I would have never guess that there was a website/forum for us lawn care guys. Glad to see one.

2. 4CORNERS

4CORNERS LawnSite Member

Good luck with your business....and welcome home my friend!

3. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome and thank you for your service to our country! I always thank my military clients when I meet one.

4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

You're not all that far from me, buddy!

Best of luck to ya!