1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

hello from northern VA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Townhouse Yards, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Hello,
    I am seventeen years old, and have my own business, Townhouse Yards. I specialize in providing Lawn Care and Landscape Maintenance to townhouse yards. I have read threads on this site for a while, and I finally decided to take the plunge and create my own profile. If you all have any tips let me know. Thanks!

2. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Hey man,
    I'm in fairfax, va. Hbu? I am 15 and have a lawn business with 10 weekly yards.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Hey RyanA97,
    I officially started last month, but I've been working for the past two years. I don't have any weekly accounts, but I have 4 I do snow removal and landscape maintenance for. I just picked up one this week I have been working on for two days now. It's a a huge clean-up of the back yard in preparation for the client to put her house on the market. I want to work up to the point to have weekly mowing accounts, but until this one is done, I have my hands full. What method of advertising is most effective for you?

4. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Nice! I live in a pretty connected community so my major ways of advertisement were through word of mouth and Facebook. However, I started off this season with flyers which got my business going.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Townhouse Yards

from VA

I was wondering if a facebook page was effective or not. I guess i'll give it a try. I got my business going by sticking my business cards on doors. Also, references and I have a website i'm getting ready to publish, so i'll put the link on my next business cards or facebook. Thanks for the tip! What equipment are you mowing with?

6. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

I use a 2000 Toro 32 walkbehind ( yes it's a little old but still functional and provides a quality cut.) I picked it and a grass gobbler up for $450. We also have a stihl kombi system with edger and trimmer heads. Right now we use a handheld blower but we are saving up for a BP blower probably intone for leaves. Right now I make $698 a month which is alright for me since in 15.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Cool! Since I only maintain small yards that all have gates, a 32' would be great if I got a lot of accounts. Do you find it off craigslist?

8. Townhouse Yards

from VA

bump for any more comments?

9. RyanA97

RyanA97 LawnSite Member

Yes craigslist
    Posted via Mobile Device