1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hello guys! just passed my Texas Applicators Exam!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ampeg76, Sep 20, 2006.

1. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

Feels good, the test wasn't to tough for any wondering. Was seperated into three parts, with the final being Turf and Ornamental for my specialized area!

I have a few questions for my Texas brothers!

1. What are the specifics on storage areas for a small start up business? I'll have a couple gallons of fungicide, instecticide, and herbacide to start out with.

2. What does everyone use for broadleaf weed control in St. Augustine lawns. Most of the companies i have worked for used Trimec(24d) and manor or blade for any virginia buttonweed type problems. I was reading up on quicksilver. It seems to be a good choice. Even in above 80 degree temps(which 24d seems very hostile to lol)

thanks for the help!
  2. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

thx for the help guys, always a great help for the younger people!

3. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

the storage area has to hold all the liquids if they hypothetically all broke open at once. Ive used qicksilver and didnt think it did a great job. It s a contact herbicide and i dont like using it unless im spot treating with a backpack. I use atrazine or sometimes with benzaton in the lawn rig.