Hello Lawnsite, and a few questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grassmanak, Jan 4, 2006.

1. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

Well im farely new to the board, been educating myself for about a month and finally decided to sign up and ask a few questions of my own and to say Hi to everyone. I currently live in anchorage Alaska, but am moving back to omaha this month. I did lawn and landscape on my own last summer, and had 2 years of prior expierence before then. Im moving home and am going to finally going to begin a full time business out of it. Im starting out small for now, just doing residential yards and other small jobs. Im still searching for a used 40+ inch riding mower, exmark, toro, just something used and not terribly beat to death. Im currently working on a business plan for now.

What does everyone recomend for a business a sole proprieter or is it worth stepping up to an LLC??.

How many people are carrying insurance and what are you paying??

What are people doing for taxes, accountant, or a turbo tax program??
    Im still not sure what to charge for just standard yards, like a front back yard, mowing, bagging, trimming. Just the basic's.

I think im gonna distibute flyers to start with, just do a couple of neighborhoods to start with, im worried that if i run a yellow page ad, i will be running all over town trying to mow lawns, Sound right??

As far a name goes im looking for something professional, been thinking of something Beautiful Lawns and Landscape, or something. I know someone has something the same or similar, im not tying to rip anyone else's ideas off here so.
  2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

man thats alot of ?????? no i just kidding . just hit the search button and it will usually tell all . welcome.