Hello Out There

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PSTsmallengines, Jan 23, 2009.

1. I would like to say thank you for having me come on board here, and I am truly happy that I found this place.
    I live in Grand Haven Michigan and we opened up our new store last June 1st and have been really working our butts off this winter with a whole bunch of snow blowers.
    We own and operate a Small Engine Repair company, and feel that it is you guys that are most important, and should be treated as so. I really wanted to join this site for some time now, but didn't feel like I should give advice on anything, because you have everyone in place already. I felt what could it hurt and hope that we all can get along great.

I am always open to any questions anyone might have. I have been in the Small Engine Repair field for all my life, grew up on a farm and been doing this for years. I have a lot of information if anyone ask.

thanks again for having me on board.

rw

2. tattooedturf

tattooedturf LawnSite Member

:dizzy:Welcome, you must either work all the time or suffer insomnia too

3. ALLPro Landscaping

ALLPro Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome aboard

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the site. I'm sure everyone would value all your expertise of small engine repair. I look forward to talking with you.

5. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the gang!!! Enjoy the site and I look forward to speaking to you in the future. If you ever have the itch to sell Amsoil at your store, just give me a shout.

Glad to have you on board!!!:)

What lines do you carry?

6. Not a lot of time to spend on much of anything. We all work hard for a living man! I just think that by me working and giving my customers the best service is where it all starts, well at least early in the mornings.

7. When we went into business we really didn't want to carry any lines, we just wanted to be a strict service center, but over time I really thought I wanted to find a commercial line of mowers, that would be OUR trade mark. I spent a few months researching different mowers and I found that really they all had about the same thing to offer, but one stood out, so we went with Dixie Chopper. Later on I will tell you why I did this, because with about 20 years behind me in this industry, I can for sure give you the logical answers you may need.

Dixie Chopper is our only Mower Line, and we also handle commercial Kawasaki power line, which at this time I am not really sure about, but we are certified in all lines of commercial and residential equipment.

We are currently building more into our website, to add more features, being a developer is gives me the ground floor in bringing in more customers, and also helping my fellow dealers pave the world.

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'm curious, I personally don't like Dixie Chopper !!

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Have you tried a Dixie yet? Before I tried one I was extremely skeptical. I knew nothing of them nor had I ever seen one in my area. Then I went to PS&T and Robert showed me the mowers and talked with me about them. He convinced me to take one out on a demo on a couple of my lawns. I kid you not, I was able to cut my mowing time almost in half on the properties I used it on. I was able to cut at full speed (about 15mph) and still get just as good of a cut as I would have had I gone 2mph. Ever since that demo, I have been planning on getting a dixie. Best mower I have ever used!!!

BTW, welcome aboard Robert!!:waving:

10. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Out of curiousity, how much does a Dixie dealer pay for the by-pass systems and filters used on these mowers? I would think much more than thru Amsoil itself. I know the filters are Amsoil, but is the entire system? Not sure, that is why I'm asking. Any insight would be appreciated.