hello to the dfw lco"s

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by hubby-wife, Jul 28, 2003.

1. hubby-wife

hubby-wife LawnSite Member

Just want to say hello to the group. We are in Burleson, TX and are new in the business. My wife (Shirley) has a real job yet, but can't wait to start mowing next yr. I (----) am too old for a real job so I started mowing in Mar this yr. So far we are up to $1000+ for the month and growing. And I have a couple I will drop when I get the chance.
    Should you see me in a red S10, honk and I'll wave at you.
    We are looking to having a good year and hoping you do too.
    We will go by Pillers and Talley for a company name.

See ya on the street!

2. Shawn's Lawn

Shawn's Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Hello there,

I am just staring out myself, but have been in the business 2 yrs... I worked with a buddy, but after seein gand adding up how much he made I had to start my own...

I am in the colony so If I see you I will say hi!!

3. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Hello and good luck. We don't get to Burleson too often so we may not see you. If we do, :waving: :waving:

4. Shawn's Lawn

Shawn's Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I recently went to check out plano power equipment, great place if anyone is in the area..

5. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

it's so cut throat in paris tx, I am afraid to talk to anyone local, glad we have this.
    what insurance premiums do some of you pay, & what agents do you use. my rates went drasticly up & I need a change...
    thanks- nick

6. hubby-wife

Well guys, I appreciate the replies. We, Shirley has quit her job, and joined me on 3-1-04, were to start 3- but got rained out so well try again 3-8. We have a full week of first cuts and get the grass lowered so we can fertilize. Was also wondering as to what you guys use to adv beside door hangers?

We are trying a different approach and will let you know how it works out. So far we have had 5 calls, 2 new yards and one I cant reach yet. All of this is in a 1 mile radius of the house.

Is there anyone else in the Burleson area here?

Have a wonderfull "profitable" year!!!

7. cuttinback

cuttinback LawnSite Member

hey hubby wife make sure you check the laws in texas regarding fert and pesticides applications in mass you need to be licensed. have a great cut

8. hubby-wife

thanks cuttingback-
    must be licenesed for pest control, but have not found anything for fertilizer. Notified my clients last year that I can't do pest (fire ant) control with commerical products, any herpicide to their yard.
    Still a bit cold and early here yet to do much, its still all dead grass.

9. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member

Need insurance in TX? Call 1-800-842-6572 ext 2581

10. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member

FYI---Not in the insurance business- I just know how hard it is to get good insurance in our business and wanted to pass the info along. They helped me out withh all I needed. Good business has good insurance!