Hello, We're a new member and hope to a be a great contributor!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brentstreeservice, Jul 2, 2013.

1. brentstreeservice

brentstreeservice LawnSite Member

We are located in Austin, TX and have come to the realization that we need to give in order to receive. What I mean by that is that we've been one of the largest tree service company in Central Texas for quite some time now (5+ years). I have a desire to share my industry knowledge when it comes to tree care & tree services. Happy to be here!

2. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Welcome.. ..I see your guys out at Whittleseys all the time--

3. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

So what saws do you run?

5. brentstreeservice

brentstreeservice LawnSite Member

Yes, we do use Whittlesey's service to dispose of our wood. They've been a dependable service for us and I highly recommend using them for tree disposal or for mulching products. Here is their website for their Austin, TX locations: http://www.989rock.com/

Clydebusa, to answer your question about chainsaws.....for the last 7yrs we have depended on Stihl commercial grade saws. We've found that the smaller Stihl saws aren't and dependable in terms of durability but the commercial Stihl saws have been great pieces of equipment for our company and we've stuck with them. For our employees that have to handle them all day long, we know that the chainsaws have to be a reduced weight along with being powerful. Unfortunately in the tree service industry that can be difficult to find something perfect. Stihl has been the best solution to that challenge so far: http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome! Drive over to Pensacola & trim my trees & I'll video it & post it here. We both win! Ok, maybe I win more:drinkup: