Hello

Discussion in 'Vermeer' started by Vermeer, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Hello Lawnsite Users,

My name is Jon the moderator for the newly created Vermeer forum. As a manufacturer of a large range of landscape and irrigation equipment our goal is to help provide solutions for the many issues and questions landscape and irrigation contractors may face in their day to day business. This may consist of what a piece of equipment is capable of, its application or what new technology is available in the marketplace to make your job easier and more profitable. Hope to serve you in the near future!

Best regards,

Jon

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Jon, Welcome to Lawn Site. I don't currently use any Vermeer products but, I would not hesitate to include Vermeer in any demos I may get in the near future.

Rob

3. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Thanks Rob,

If I can help you in any way just let me know. We also have a couple of dealers in NJ that will be more than happy to provide a demo when the need arises.

Jon

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome to LS, funny, i just saw one of your pieces of equipment on a show on Discovery Channel!!lol, welcome to LS!!!

5. Flatbed

Flatbed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Nice to see Vermeer on lawnsite. I just talked to one of your Marketing Mangers a couple of weeks ago. I own a irrigation company out of Johnston, Iowa. Before that I used a P185 Vermeer Plow and 24x40 Directional Drill. I currently run a LM42 that I am very pleased with.

6. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Thanks Flatbed best wishes for 2006! As always your business is greatly appreciated!

7. oldrustycars

oldrustycars LawnSite Senior Member

you wouldnt happen to be the same Jon who was at vermeer in aurora in the middle 90's, would you?

8. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

Yes I am one in the same. :)

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to lawnsite. You will run into a lot of nice people here. I'm sure they will have some questions.:waving:

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Jon -- I was raised on a farm in the 'other corner of the state' where Hollanders rule. (Orange City/Sioux Center area). One of my current employees is from Pella - nice guy. One thing's for sure....Vermeer is top notch! Their equipment lasts for decades. Glad to see you are a member here. I was raised hearing mostly Hollander jokes. Couldn't wash the car on Sundays, and all businesses were shut down. No gas stations open either. Times have changed since then, but in 1971, a buddy of mine attended Northwestern College -- got drunk with his Hollander roommate one Saturday night just before the Tulip Festival in Orange City. After "bar hopping". He ended up driving through the medians full of tulips! 3:00 in the morning, a campus security cop knocks on his door. He said, "Are you ____?" My freind said "Yes". Security guy says, "okay, you're coming with me". ____asked what for? Cops said "your car is covered in mud and tulips!". It was a dead giveaway! Norhtwestern College allowed ____ to complete his senior year, but he had to commute from Primghar, IA everyday. Funny story, yet very true. Vermmer RULES. Heavy duty built to last!