Helmet cam

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Thinking about buying a cheap camcorder to use as a recording device and buying a bullet style helmet cam to attach to my hard hat to shoot some video. Not really sure how that will go over with my future employer and I may not try it while I'm at the grounds for my training. I suppose I'll feel it out a little and make sure I won't get chewed for shooting some video, I don't want to get myself into any trouble. I suppose I'll tell them it will be for my educational purposes to review footage and see how I can improve, which is a valid argument.

I'm just a huge fan of watching in the cab video. Of course there will be audio, the helmet camera has a remote mic and of course you can use the mic on the camcorder as well. We have a D8R at the grounds, I'd like to score some video while I'm on that beast. :weightlifter:

2. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

That would be cool but remember don't talk to yourself or worse get in a argument with yourself.:nono::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy:

:laugh:

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

:dizzy: i'm sure that will go over well with all your new co-workers

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

please, for the love of heavy equipment gods.... remember to turn it off while you pee :laugh:

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

No visiting the porta john with the camera on :laugh:

7. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Nice thought about the helmet cam thing, but wrong environment. If I was there and around you with the helmut cam on, I personally would feel very uneasy at the least. Wait till the school thing is a thing of the past..... As far as the porta potty goes, it will test your skill level with running the stick of that particular machine without having to look.....good challenge.

8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

LMAO!!! :laugh::laugh:

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I think I'm going to wait until I get out on a job and I'm working by myself for the most part. We'll see where I get dispatched and what I'll be doing. I haven't bought anything yet but I know it would be rad to have that kind of setup, I'll just have to feel it out a little. I still think shooting video would help me point out areas I could improve a little, sometimes you don't pick up on mistakes until you repeat the same one or watch some video. I don't have much time on a dozer, that's where I'm going to need the most work for sure.

10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

It would be cool to have when those crazy things happen around you where you always say man , I wish I had a camera when that happened.