Help. 5 acre home use with hills. Which mower ?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by power4less, May 18, 2004.

1. power4less

power4less LawnSite Member

I have only been looking at Exmark. I will only be using it for my 5 acres and possibly a neighbor's 3 acres. I have some hills. Considering the Lazer Z with 27hp/60". Is this overkill ? I can save $500 by going with the CT (but I think that was with a 52" deck). Thank you for your help.

Joe

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Power4less,

The 27/60 is our most popular model. I don't think it's overkill. It really comes down to how much of your weekend you want to spend on the lawnmower and how much you you want to spend doing something else. If I had to guess I'd say the average homeowner with a 60" Z would finish 5 acres in 1.5 - 2.5 hours. I really depends upon the amount of landscaping, number of buildings hills etc.

Please remember most Z's inlcuding ours are rated for slope of 15 degrees or less. Maybe one of the LS members has some better insight on this.

Thanks,

Terry

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

The $500.00 savings by going to the CT over the lazer is not advisable in my opinion. If you are going to spend the cash the extra $500.00 investment is WELL worth it to ride a full lazer rather than a CT.
    The 27 horse 60" would be an excellent choice,just watch the hills as Terry has mentioned.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Power4less,

You may want to double check that pricing with the dealer. I suspect he/she may have been looking at the wrong numbers on one of those.

Thanks,

Terry

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

good point terry.