1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!!! 70 Acres!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DBLC, Jun 4, 2002.

1. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

How much would you all charge to bushhog 70 acres. The land is flat, no trimming, and for the most part mildly smooth! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Wish you were close to me Id mow it for free if I could have the hay.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yea, just charge customer xx amount per acre x 70 acres, then turn around and sell the job to a farmer! He pays xx per acre for the hay. Win win deal! LOL... or hire a custom farmer to bale it (for less than your bushhog price) and then you sell the bales for xx apeice. Still a win win deal!
    This route could be worth looking into....
  4. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Heck there are some around here that would pay rent usually taxes,and keep it fertlized. Just for the hay rites.
  5. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Don't know about other parts of the country (or world), but our tractor guy we refer to customers makes $30/hour. That is in West Central Florida, flat with no trimming.
  6. lawnmowerman29

lawnmowerman29 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

well up here in iowa we use a 7' bushhog on the back of a MF 1100 and get $100 per acre. Not bad money, but would not want to sell grass hay , people up here are very picky about hay they want 100% alfalfa and the first cut, square bales bring around 5-7$
  7. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

Thanks for all the replys!!!!! The only problem with hay is that I don't think what is growing would make good hay. It is scrap weeds. If there is such a thing. I think i will bid per acre. HOPEFULLY I will make a good chunk!!! Thanks Again!!!!! Anyone wanna share a fair per acre price???????:)