Help a buddy out- Quick 32 or Gravely 32

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Beaner, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Beaner

Beaner LawnSite Member

Hi Lads
    I'm down to two mowers , three if you count the two different models of the quick 32. Was pretty much sold on the quick 32, but I emailed a local dealer and he has a Gravely 32 (13hp)for $2500 plus taxes. The quick Super fox (13.5 hp) is $2000, the Ninja quick 32 is $2400.00, both+ 279.00 shipping costs.(I'm in Canada, the US and Canadian dollar are pretty much dead even). I know the Quick people are often talked about how good their customer service is, but there is value on having a dealer in your hometown. Opinions boys???

2. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

My opinion would include a question:

Can you change your own oil on your mower?

If yes, then you can confidently own a Quick mower. It's either got a Briggs, or a Kawasaki motor on it. There are plenty of those dealers around you. If something goes wrong oddball with your "Gravely", you'll most likely have to wait three days for parts anyway because your dealer probably won't stock them. We've run the wheels off our Quicks, at over 30 + lawns per day for 2 years. And the only thing that seems to go wrong after 100+ hours is the belts break, which is totally normal. So we stock up on belts which are fairly cheap, but if we're out at the wrong time (which seems to be what this business is all about sometimes) we go to our local Auto Parts store. Napa, Autozone....we can get belts anywhere! If you break something more major on this, chances are it's your fault and no dealer could help you in a reasonable time anyway. Every time I go to the local dealer here in my (very large) city, they could care less about me and I have to wait AT LEAST 3 days for them for anything. I can call Gary and the staff anytime and get personal service. I'll take the "family" vibe and service any day over my dealer's "fake" atmosphere any time I go in there. I know BOP is the real deal.

Just my opinion, however I feed my family with these mowers. And we eat pretty damn well these days. :drinkup: