Help a homeowner out...please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chavist93, Apr 18, 2006.

1. chavist93

chavist93 LawnSite Member
    from sc

Hi, everyone. This is an awsome forum you have here. Tons of info, but I need a little help. I recently moved out to the country on 30 acres. I have about 4 acres of grass to cut and my old JD rider is just not fast enough. I have a 6,000 budget and you guys are the experts so tell me what you would buy. I can spend maybe 6500 on the cub cadet tanks because of the 0% for 36 months right now. I have been looking at the Tanks and huslter Fastrak and Mini Z for the most part, but I know there is a lot more out there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. confuuscious

confuuscious LawnSite Member

I too just moved to the country an have about 5 acres. I just bought a Commercial Toro 60 Z w/ turbo force deck, and I have to say, I am very glad I bought it. It cuts nice in a timely manner. I love the way it stripes. good luck with whatever mower you decide. I too waws looking at the Cub Tanks, until I spoke to a Toro dealer who made me an offer i couldnt refuse....:clapping:

3. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

mostly everyone is running financing speacials right now i would stay away from CUB CADET personally, You can buy a new Great dane 52in for 6300.00 with a 25hp Kohler on it but you want one of the top brands like Exmark,toro,scag,hustler,ferris,great dane,john deere etc. I would stay away from cub cadet, husqvarna gravely and those sorts of mowers all in all if you get a good commercial mower you shouldnt have any complaints one suggestion though is if its mostly pasture land i would check and see if the mower you are concidering offers a suspension seat its a must have.. a real back saver roughly 500.00 option even if it is your own yard.

4. Encore Mfg.

Encore Mfg. LawnSite Member

Check these commercials out!! For the unit that will fit your needs best...click on the X-TREME Commercial......The X-TREME is a fantastic mower that I think you will be happy with! Comes in a 48", 52", & 60" sizes w/ some different engine options!

Go to..: www.minnowproject.com/testing/encore/encore_commercials.html

Visit our web site @ www.seriousred.com or go to our hosted forum on this website for more information!!!

Let me know what you think!

5. zero_turn_freak

zero_turn_freak LawnSite Member

if you honestly want speed get a dixie chopper

6. LRLS

LRLS LawnSite Member

If you are looking for price check out the LESCO mowers they are made by the same manufacture as the Cub Cadet bot alot cheaper.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco Ztr 23 Kaw On A 60 Inch Deck Less Than 6 K Without Taxes.