HELP ,advertize problem

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kellroy, Jun 7, 2006.

1. kellroy

kellroy LawnSite Member

I' ve trying to expand my cust base , got great help ,equip and time , the problem is i've been running an ad in local free newspaper for 4-5 weeks no calls no response , I,ve had the ad front page large print . is there any advice on different tactics such as free mowing with contract etc. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Kellroy

2. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

Same issue here, wish I could help.

3. EliteImpressions

EliteImpressions LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

why dont you post your ad and we'll see if there are some changes that can be made.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Post Cards, yellew pages & doorhngers, newspapers only attract OLD HAGS, and PITAS:hammerhead:

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess it depends on your location and which paper...
    For me, a small paper has been the best thing since sliced bread, but there must be 50 of those little papers all over this county, it took some trial and error to find the right one.

Personally, if I get no calls from my ad, see you later, time to find someone else or do flyers or whatever.

I recently posted my business on craig's list, you might give that a shot, it's free and takes 5-10 minutes, you got nothing to lose.
    Yahoo Local will let you post a business listing for free as well.
    Both of these require an account, set it up and plop in the listing - 30-45 minutes of an evening's time, you really got nothing to lose.
    And yes, I get a call here and there from it, nothing earth shattering but for free, it's awesome.
    Here, a start:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Craigslist&btnG=Google+Search

6. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

you need to try new vehicles to figure out what works and what doesn't. Track your success and failure,be wise with your advertising dollars meaning spread it out to get the most coverage for your buck and try not to get in the habit of giving stuff away as a lure and focus more on quality work and professionalism.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but what about spelling and all, you misspelled advertise... what else is wrong on your flyer.... if you have typographical errors, you look untrustworthy...

8. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

How much competition in your paper? here our local paper (south winnipeg) I think the circulation is 55,000 and there must me 20 lawn care ads of various sizes. None of them are mine, I just think it would get lost.

For me flyers gets the customers and good work at fair price keeps them. (and referals of course)