Help! Backed into a well and now water doesn't work

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bigjeeping, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Title is pretty self explanatory. Below are pictures. I know absolutely nothing about wells. The green wire appears to not be connected to anything, unless it became disconnected when I hit it. The lever looking thing sticking out of the well says to line up the arrow with something. I tried rotating the lever and it seemed if I moved it more water started spitting up at me.

Nothing appears broken except for the cap... wondering where I can replace it at? The wires are a little worn because I was getting shocked when I touched them. I checked the circuit breaker and nothing had been tripped. However, water in the house does NOT work. Any ideas?? Please help if you know anything about this!

****the orange thing is a snow plow marker.. figures I'd still back in to it.

009.jpg

2. bigjeeping

....................asdasdf

010.jpg

3. bigjeeping

asddddddddddddddddddddd!

012.jpg

4. bigjeeping

last one......

014.jpg

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

its not taking a rocket scientist here to see that the green wire was connected to something so undue all that electrical tape and find out and i bet it works then

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, Green Ground

some of the old 12 and 14 didn't have a ground wire.....

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Ok that's ul wire.......GREAT CHOICE,,,

anyway make sure you have power to the pump, if not check breakers and such,

if so, check pump,

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

woops, I read more of your post...

ok check to see if your getting right voltage to pump, you may have to ground it b4 it will work,

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I guess you are being careful...this looks like that wire is for 110V, didn't know you could run that down into a well to run a pump. With 110V there and wire stripped .........and ground wet...you might get more than a little shock.

10. bigjeeping

just talked with a neighbor. he says I need a new cap to regain pressure and then need to prime from the pump. There are absolutely no places that the green wire could have connected to!

Running to lowes to get a new cap piece