help between husqvarna and exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Laidback03, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Laidback03

Laidback03 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a zero turn and have found two that are comparison. hasqvarn EZ4217 42"17hp and exmark phazer 44" 19hp. i was also possibly into the Husqvarna iZ4817T 48"deck w. 17hp. Let me know what you guys think.
    I live in florida and mow St augustine grass....the thick stuff in the gated communities. i currently own a Exmark Metro 36" that i love but need something bigger and faster.

Thanks....!
    ~Action Lawn Care Plus

2. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

Exmark Has Such A Good Following It Would Be Hard Not To Choose Them; What Else Is Available In Your Area In That Range Of Mowers? Gravely; Hustler?

3. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Exmark, never Husky

4. JimQ

JimQ LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the iZ. It is a true commercial machine and has higher ground speed than either of the others. It has pumps and wheel motors vs. IZT's. Larger tires for a smother ride. More responsive controls. Much more solid than either of the other two. The EZ and Phazer are "pro-sumer" machines.

5. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

The Phazer is a true commercial machine. I cannot vouch for the Husky, but the Phazer w/44" Tri-Vantage deck and the 19hp KAW has so far performed great for us this season.

The 19hp KAW is plenty powerful for the machine (after all, it only weighs in at some 605lbs). The whole concept behind the Phazer (all micro Z's) was to make a lightweight, maneuverable (gate/"tight space" friendly) and compact machine (the Phazer is more compact than most 36" wb's) that still retains true commercial build quality.

As of now, we are using the mulch kit w/wavy blades. Considering the wet, lush Spring growth (Pacific Northwest), the machine is mulching better than I would have expected. The Tri-Vantage deck does however pack grass in the "wets", but leaves an exceptional cut behind in spite of this annoying habit.

One thing regarding the transaxles, these Dual Hydro-Gear ZT2800's are noisy (read: they whine)! Not quite as smooth and responsive as separate pumps and motors but they certainly hold their own. Time will tell, so far so good though.

6. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I've used both Exmark and Husky.....you have to go with Exmark. Good luck with the phazer you should be able to get a great deal on one, there being discontinued this year

7. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

Will the husky hate never end? Go ahead...follow the crowd...get an Exmark. You wouldn't be the first. They obviously make a great machine, but husky gets a bad rap IMO.

8. steve affordable lawn

steve affordable lawn LawnSite Member

i have a husky iz 48 06 good machine and 03 walkbehind no problems get the 19hp

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I like Husqvarna chain saws but I think they should stick with that and leave the mowers to someone else. Exmark gets my vote!

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey... are there two copies of this thread or something?

I already responded to this one...