help between husqvarna and exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Laidback03, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Laidback03

Laidback03 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a zero turn and have found two that are comparison. hasqvarn EZ4217 42"17hp and exmark phazer 44" 19hp. i was also possibly into the Husqvarna iZ4817T 48"deck w. 17hp. keep in mind i will be using a mulch kit!

Let me know what you guys think.

I live in florida and mow St augustine grass....the thick stuff in the gated communities. i currently own a Exmark Metro 36" that i love but need something bigger and faster.

Thanks....!
    ~Action Lawn Care Plus

2. lawn1787

lawn1787 Banned

I would go with the exmark. I have a 60 in lazer z. It has been a great mower for the 5 years that i have had it. It also has no problem at all in the wet but that could change with a mulch kit.

3. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

I'd also go with the Exmark. I think it's a bit more durable than the Husqvarnas listed, and you'll probably require the extra HP from the Exmark to operate the mulch kit, especially when cutting St. Augustine grass. :weightlifter:

4. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I would go with a exmark viking 48" hydro WB and pro slideXT. those little Zturns are sorta de-masculating.

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

exmark without a doubt, I'd never own a husky mower. Personal opinion.

6. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I have a Husky zth5223 with 700 hr's I've never had a problem. my buddy had a 42" no problems. I have heard a lot of bad stories but never seen anthing first hand. make you wonder. I still say go with a WB

7. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

i have a iz4817 not enough power for the mulch kit.

8. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark. They are preferred 2 to 1 over the next leading brand.

9. TheYardBoys

TheYardBoys LawnSite Member

hey i have a Husqvarna Z4818 and after two years and 349 hours; it has become a peice and is breaking down more than it is mowing and yes i did maintance it every 15 hours and did every yard oil checks but the engine is not my biggest problem. The largest problem is the cheap deck on the machine they break and the housings on the blades break and bend easy. Even though i have never owned a exmark i would recomend you ti get a exmark.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Exmark, hands down. You will be much happier with this machine than the husky!