Help bidding a contract job

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by j-sin, Mar 26, 2012.

1. j-sin

j-sin LawnSite Member

So I have been passing out some flyers in my area (Piedmont NC)
    and after doing all non contract work decided to try and work in some contract customers. I recieved the following email

albeit vague as the reference to lawn size lets just assume its right at a half acre. I know many of you would be reluctant to throw a number on this
    but lets just see some realistic "ballpark" figures

EMAIL AS FOLLOWS-----------------------
    Would like a bid for weekly lawn mowing on Fridays (if weather prevents you from mowing on Friday, you will mow on an alternate day that week)
    Year round weed control - Complete Property
    Fertilizer - as needed
    Lime - as needed
    Other chemicals - as needed
    Fall reseeding w/ aerator
    Fall leaf removal
    Bush/shrubs trimming - three times per year
  2. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

his first statement already annoyed me.
  3. highlander316

highlander316 LawnSite Senior Member

just remember, everyone's prices are based on their area. Mine will be different than yours. If he has a 1/2 acre, I'd say at least $45 for mow (my area). That's with minimal trimming. Everything else. How many bushes? I don't do chemicals, so can't help you there.
  4. j-sin

j-sin LawnSite Member

lol yea it did me too but I do wanna see what a basic roundabout starting point number would be at
  5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Are you able to mow it on Fridays? I agree, I was annoyed with what he first said!!!
  6. j-sin

j-sin LawnSite Member

I can fit him in and mow on fridays but IM more wondering about the cost of Quality seed fertilizer lime pre emergents for that size area
  7. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

All you can do is figure your cost and lets the cards fall where they may. FWIW this guy sounds like a Or hes had clown after clown not get his grass cut by Friday. I like to ask why they are getting a new LCO , their answers usually spell it out.