1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Biding First Big Account

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by taz038, Apr 17, 2002.

1. taz038

taz038 LawnSite Member

This will be my first big bid so any suggestions we be appreciated!! It is a 20 unit development. The job includes all mowing,weed wacking, leaf removal, pruning, plowimg for all driveways(approx 15ft long ea.) main rd in development, mulching etc.
    If you think I am missing anything feel free to add on to your suggestions.

Thank you for your input:confused:

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Missing? How about square footage, aprox. man hours????

3. taz038

taz038 LawnSite Member

it will take about 32 man hours per visit appprox 3 times per month. Unsure of the total footage but I am going to find out what last years bid was so i should have a baseline to go from

4. totallpm

totallpm LawnSite Member
    from Utah

32 hours ?

With what equipment a 21, 36,42,60,72 deck ?

Give us more info. What equipment do you have.

Kevin total
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Would like to help...but you're kind of vague on the specifics.

I have absolutely no idea how much mulch is needed, how many trees there are for clean-up purposes, and I'm unsure what prunning there is?
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Tell 'em $35 per cut. That should win you the bid.

Ok, seriously you need to give more #'s. Its impossible to have any ideas. Mulch, trim ft, edge ft, grass area sf, weed control, fertilizer apps, etc...
  7. taz038

taz038 LawnSite Member

I will be using a 52 toro z for the big areas and a 32 toro walkbehind for the small areas. after all the mowing is done two weed wackers will be used to take care of that. approx 15-20 small trees to be pruned . I have know idea how much mulch so i will have to find out or bill seperately for that part of the gig. If I had to venture a guess I would say the development sits on 10 acers or so. Other than that I will have to wait to see what else I can find out.
  8. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

just tell them bout 125.00 per visit
  9. taz038

taz038 LawnSite Member

Dose anyone use a formula to price jobs like this or any job for that fact that i can keep in mind so the next time this comes up I will be prepaired to give a faster response to a bid!!

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Get your self a measuring wheel and measure the property... total mowing area, linear footage for line trimming, edging, bed area, etc............... then come up with $$ per for each.. based on your productivity.