Help Bobcat W/B pulls

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Proscapez LLC, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I have an older Bobcat 36" belt drive and it pulls to the right.
    It's killing my left hand trying to keep it running straight.
    Is there away to adjust this?
    could it be my right brake is to tight or the left one is to loose.
    Also How do you lower the cut height?

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Not to familiar with the bobcats but did you check the tire pressure in the tires?

3. Proscapez LLC

Yes, I just had new tires put on it and there both at 14lbs.

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

What about the belts on the Drive pulleys? Are they all the way on the pulley? Sometimes on my older exmark they ride off a little bit. Also if this is like the scag or exmark belt drive, then you should have bar running down from the brake handle. you can do some adjusting to the brake there and you might have a smaller one down below that too. I know that is much help but I hope it helps some.

JP

5. jacob land and

jacob land and LawnSite Member

ive got a 48" b-cat belt drive and to adjust its tracking you use those two rods that are treaded, one on each side they run from the controls to the back wheels and you adjust those until you get it tracking right. to change the height you pull the pins holding the front casters on, one on top of each caster and use the spacers, two above the bracket and one bellow is 3.5 inches i think i cut at 3inches and i have 3 spacers above the bracket.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have a manual? It's all in there. There are numerous ways to adjust the height of cut. There is a high/low axle position. There are 3 deck positions. There are spacers for the blade under the deck and last but not least are the front castor spacers. The manual tells you how to get the cut you want. As far as pulling, tire pressure is the first suspect but you said you checked that. Next, check the belts and wheel pulleys. Are the belts worn or the pulleys bent? Those Bob-Cats with the small rear tires will bend a pully when going over a curb if you're not careful. If there is a wide spot in the pulley, it will slip. A quick fix for the wide pulley would be some vice grips set to "normal" pulley width. Just go around the pulley where it seems to be out of whack and squeeze the vice grips. By the way, how old is your Bob-Cat?

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Here's the height of cut chart, I scanned it for you.

Bob-Cat cut chart resized for lawnsite.jpg

8. Proscapez LLC

I dont have a manuel, But I do have some bent pulleys.
    Thank you guys so much for all your info.

9. Proscapez LLC

I really dont have a clue as to the age.
    I bought it off a company that got out of mowing and went to landscaping & brick work.
    The color is burnt orange, but I cant read the model number on the ID label.
    They had recently replaced the engine and tranmission.

This is my 2nd year cutting for private owners. And decided I needed a bit more cutting speed while increasing the dependablity of my equipment.

I'm actully in the middle of cleaning up the machine and trying to work out the little bugs that it has.