Help Buying a Commercial Walk-Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by G_Burleson, Dec 29, 2012.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Standers are not that bad on hills, especially wrights

2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

dont get a stander and put more stress on engine trans . and ive been doing this 13 years and entire time weve ran exmarks with kaws and LOVE them . to me a 32" exmark with 15 hp kaw is a masterpeice . but ive not ran other mowers so maybe theres better . but we swear by exmark / kawasaki engines / redmax hand helds

3. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

Bobcat all the way man you can get a 32 for right around 3 grand.. Parts are dirt cheep its a tride and true design..so easy a moron can work on them..with 40 lawns a week if you take care of the maint it will go at least 5 years with not a problem. Unless you get a lemon or a messed up machine off the gate..i love mine had alot threw my time mowing..dont listen to people when they talk about decks and manufactures.. Almost all decks that small are the same good luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Demo machines from the most reliable dealer's in your area, which ever machine you like the best, BUY IT. Every shop has a Spring sale in one way or another, my local shop has a full day Expo that all LCO's are welcomed to.

-Michael

5. Lawn Care Etc.

Lawn Care Etc. LawnSite Member

Do you use the mowers you have now to catch clippings with, or let it blow or mulch it?

6. Lawn Care Etc.

Lawn Care Etc. LawnSite Member

To me it's not about the brand it"s the dealer. You can have the best brand in the world but if you don't have good dealer then it's worthless, In my opinion any really good brand with a great dealer is the only way to go.

7. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

A great starter for the money. Ready to run straight off the truck (needs gas and oil). You can have it serviced under waranty at your local mechanic. This has a Kawi but if interested in one with a Honda, I can make a much better deal for around $2,300.00
    Sulky is on website as well.
    Give me a call for exact pricing. It may be worth the time.
    http://www.landscaperpro.com/36hydromowerw16hpkawasakienginelp36h16ka.aspx

Blake
    Landscaper Pro
    1-800-222-4303 ext. 124

8. dig419

dig419 LawnSite Member
    Male, from maine

with limited funds, take look at the toro turfmaster and the exmark 30" // looks like most of your lawns are small and this could be a life saver to the larger walk behinds.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Exmark 36" turf tracer usually run forever, have pretty nice controls, and can be found used for less than 2k with limited hours

10. B-I-L

B-I-L LawnSite Member
    from WNY

If you can, save up another 2k and get a stander. I have purchased a bunch of used walk behinds with a lot of success, just make sure you don't skimp on the routine maintenance.