help buying new ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blaster822, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

What would be a good first time ztr for the money?

2. DMA

DMA LawnSite Member

New at this but I did a demo on most mowers, looked at warranty, cut, ride, drive, features, etc I bought a Hustler Super Z 60 inch mower. Hope this helps.

3. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

Smyrna, Huh? Just right up the road. I'm in Ooltewah outside of Chattanooga. Judging from your equipment description, I would say you don't have a lot of experience dealing with the commercial dealers in your area. I would talk with the dealers, and svc. managers; get a idea of how they run things, demo a few different machines. I have demoed and owned John Deere equipment. I currently own all SCAG. A 36" belt WB w/18 hp kohler and a 52" 23hp kawasaki Tiger Cub Z. Good luck with your shopping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

Your dealer is what is most important. I think scag walkbehinds are the best ,i would stay away from them fir a ztr.I own a bobcat ztr and love it. Just read the many post about exmark they seem to have most positive replies about them and you could e-mail the company from this site.Take a look at exmark,bobcat,.
    button, and various brands get your best
    price , demo them..Remember you get what you pay for,don't let price be you only guide.good luck

5. hustler1

hustler1 LawnSite Member

just bought a hustler super z 52 inch with 24 horse honda and suspension seat for the same price as the ex mark dealer wanted for a 48 inch with a 17 horse kohler and standard seat....what I really like about the hustler is the east of maintenance with the honda motor and the big cooler for the hydraulic system......check it out......

6. Blaster822

Blaster822 LawnSite Member

thank you all

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

The dealer is where it is at. I have 6 dealers with in 40 miles and not a one is a good dealer. takes almost a week to get parts and god forbid if you can't fix it yourself. I drive over 100 miles to get anything done just because I know I will have it quick. Any ways any dealers want to relocate, Im sure you could make a mint here.