Help changing my motor !!!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Amco Landscaping, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am trying to change my motor on my 48" wb bobcat and i need to know how to take the pulleys of the shaft of the motor. Everytime i turn the nut on the bottom the shaft turns also. I dont have an impact wrench any other ideas?

2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would suggest investing in an impact wrench.
  3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

can you lock the flywheel? can you get a socket on the flywheel bolt to counter your wrench on the pto side.
  4. Amco Landscaping

Amco Landscaping LawnSite Member

ok I got the nut off the end now i am having trouble getthiing the pulleys and clutch off the shaft? they seem to be loose and slide up and down on the shaft but something seems to stop it from coming off. any clues?

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

the clutch should slip right off and the pulley has a set screw in it that you have to remove.
  6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It always helps to soak the $hit out of them pulleys before you remove them. Just make sure to make a note of the clearnce of the pulley before you remove it!
  7. fly-4-fun

fly-4-fun LawnSite Member

There might be a burr on the shaft not allowing the clutch to slide off, check that and file the burrs off the crankshaft. That will allow all the parts to slide off.
  8. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

is it a variable speed clutch? If so there maybe a C clip holding it on. M y 36 has a C clip after the nut.

Electric? Do said above check for burrs.
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes pulleys will have 3 set screws in them that you can tighten and it will pop it off the shaft.