Help choose domain name

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by PR0 TURF, Jan 25, 2003.

Which domain name sounds best

1. [url][/url]

8 vote(s)
  2. [url][/url]

5 vote(s)

0 vote(s)

5 vote(s)
  1. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Im in the process of getting a website made & would like your opinions on which domain name sounds best. I've narrowed it down to these 4. Thanks!

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I did not vote becasue personally I didn't care for any of them. I assume that is taken? What about Whatever you select, I would keep it close to the name of your business....which is?

I am editing this post, I voted for the, that sounds good and esy to remember and spell.

3. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Sorry but I did vote either, the four you chose are good, but I aint too smart and cant remember the long hard ones. The simpler the better. I like the one walker-talker suggested

4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Don't forget even if one is taken like you can always use .org or one of many others. Keep it short so its easier to rmember.
  5. Envision

Envision LawnSite Member

I would go with the as that is pretty easy to remember. I would not go with as that kind of sounds cheesy. Do some more searching at with variations of the .com or .net and you find one I am sure. Sure, shorter domain names are easier to remember, but you also want to convey what you do, and by choosing the landscaping portion you are definately conveying what you do.

As a side note, I have several domain names hosted with and have been really happy. You only get 20 mb of storage but that should be enough, and best of all, it is free hosting.
  6. pilotcoplawnboy

pilotcoplawnboy LawnSite Member

What about It's cheaper and easy to remeber.
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

If you are incorporated or are going to be.. I like

I used a hyphen in mine so... What about
  8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'll be honest. I agree with the rest of them. The names don't stand out. And what is ""?
  9. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

If no one likes those couple of names does anyone have any opinions on what would sound good? I would like to keep it a .com instead of .us etc

proturfdracut....Dracut is our hometown.

10. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

proturf-care or proturfcare