1. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

Is there anyway to adjust the speed on my Meyer 47 elctric lift?? Any info would be of great help
    thanks
    IRISH

WHEN YOUR GRASS GETS TALL
    GIVE IRISH A CALL

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Since Chuck hasn't replied yet: There is a set screw that you can adjust in the pressure relief valve. The proper setting is 1650 PSI for the E47 pump. This is located behind the filter to the far right when looking at the drain plug & the 2 filters next to it. You can use this port to test with your gauge, but it requires a special fitting. Or you can test at an angle hose. Good luck. Chuck?

3. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

I'm not sure that will increase the overall speed of the unit,just the pressure????

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Chances are, if you do check the pressure, it will be very close to what it should be. Even if you "correct" it, to 1650 psi, the pump will still move the blade slow compared to most other brands, and the newer Meyer E-60 pump. That's why Meyer came out with the new E-60. Because the E-47 is just plain slow. The gauge you would need to check the pressure is not cheap either. If you have drained the fluid, cleaned the strainers, flushed the reservoir, put new fluid in, and it's still "slow", chances are it won't get any faster no matter what you do to it. The E-60 is probably about twice as fast as the E-47. Not what you wanted to hear, I know.....

~Chuck

5. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

Thanks for info i have tryed new motors and a pump i was assuming it was just plain slow
    I think i will run the old trusty tradittional hyd. system like they ran in the 70's sno-commanders

thanks

know where to get the best deals?? on pumps and control valves

6. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

The best deals.... I personally think Northern Tool (Formerly Northern Hydraulics) has the best prices, and a good selection too. You mean you want an engine mount type of hydraulic pump? They have them. As far as control valves, they have them too. Not specific to plows, (like the push pull dash mounts) I don't think, but a large selection of valves. You will also need a lift cylinder too. They have many different types and sizes of hydraulic cylinders too. I haven't browsed their catalog in a while, and I think they even have more now than ever before.

I think you need a little help from Alan on this. He has dealt with Northern before, and used their hydraulics components too. Not only that, but he <B>really </B> knows hydraulic systems. Geoff may be able to help you out here too.

http://www.northern-online.com

I think also http://www.northerntool.com

~Chuck

7. IRISH

IRISH LawnSite Member

My other mopars have the good old hyd. systems and i happen to have an old mount still kickin and lift cyl. not a problem
    thanks

8. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

You could have a motor shop rewind your comm and adjust the timeing on the electric motor, this actually works you get a slight increase in speed but it will consume more amps in turn...