HELP!CONTRACTS & PAYMENT... Do you guys use them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tejas241, Nov 21, 2004.

1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

I am really new at this, and could use any help you all have time to offer. When your potential clients call, what do you do? Obviously, you meet with the homeowner, and tell them your price for service.
    Do you just go week to week or put a contract in place for a specific period?

Also do you include any services such as weed control, fert., pest, etc. in that price?

Also, do you bill/invoice them or try to get payment at the time of service?

Any help would be apreciated!!!!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

there are a lot of different ways in doing a contract. Some price by the service, some price for a monthly fee, while others price for the year. Some required payment upfront, some a % up front, while others will just bill you after the service or service period is completed

3. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Tejas,

Speaking as a guy who is starting in the biz next spring, I've found a LOT of help in the "Just Starting in Business" forum here at LawnSite. Before you get things going on the wrong foot, spend a LOT of time reading. Did I say a LOT? I guess I did say a LOT. I can't emphasize that enough. If a question comes to you, also you can use the search function and gets lots of info.

This is an amazing site, I've been reading it for the last coupla months, and already I feel like I'm in the business. :cool:

Like I said, read a lot, search for stuff, and you'll be ready to go in no time.

Eric