Help controlling my backyard

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Skeeter, May 21, 2005.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter LawnSite Member

I'm renting a house right now. The backyard looks terrible. Overgrowth, weeds, limbs, probably not a blade of grass. I would just like to get the growth under control right now and then start thinking about improving the yard. I've attached a picture of it. Is there something I can rent to cut everything down? Thanks

backyard (Medium).jpg

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello and welcome to Lawnsite......i would just pay someone to come and do that for you, if you happen to rent a tool and it doesn't work, you will be out a good day...not trying to promote LCO's, but sometimes its a lot less hassle....I do that now, if the job is to big to handle, I give it someone who has the right tools.....just my 2 cents.....good luck....

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

From the left I can see two wires/cables/ropes of some sort. What are those? Service drops? Looks as if they run through the tree there? Be careful working around that tree. If there is the possibliity that those are cables/wires could be enginergized call someone that is certified to work around service drops. The smaller stuff lookes like something for a brush cutter.

4. Skeeter

Skeeter LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice. I think I will go with renting a bush cutter. I can get one for a decent price at Home Depot. Those lines are cable lines. I won't really be working near that tree, mostly looking to clear up the growth on the ground. There's one tree I would like to cut back, but it is not near the lines.