Help Decide on Software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I have looked at Gopher and QuickBooks Pro. I am leaning towards QBooks. Any suggestions?

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

qbooks definitely. gopher is good for start up but thats it. It is just too limited. Quickbooks will tell you how your company is doing financially in a 1000 different ways. Definitely worth the investment.

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

If you can afford both I would suggest getting both. If you can only afford one I would start out with QB because accounting is more important than routing IMO. QB is better for accounting IMO because the one big difference between the 2 for me is QB ability to handle some online banking chores like daily reconciling your accounts. I have caught myself forgetting to record transactions on several occasions because I check my accounts daily. At 32.00 per over draft I have saved myself the cost of QB a few times over in the last couple of years alone. (Old timers....a whole other subject I'M afraid LOL )

4. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, Well First of all, Have you considored any other program other than QB's?

I have tried Quickbooks, Peachtree, and Microsoft Small Business Accounting.

I love Peachtree, with Microsoft in second, and Quickbooks last.

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

qxpress and qb. I have tried most of them, and this by far the hands down winner!

6. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I agree. Depending on the amount of customers you have you may want to consider both. Quickbooks first. If you don't have enough customers to have to use a scheduling program, Quickbooks will do more than enough. However, if you need route and scheduling software to keep track of all of your jobs, get both if you can afford it. I use three programs. I use LawnPro, Gopher, and Quickbooks. However, Gopher and Quickbooks will do the job and if you get Quickbooks Pro you can import back and forth between Gopher and Quickbooks.