Help!!! Exmark or John Deere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Monroe'sLawnCare, Nov 8, 2012.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Where does him asking about an opinion of a mower constitute "old timers" calling him a moron. Personally I've never seen that on this forum anywhere. We all give our opinions, some louder than others. But everything is just that, an opinion. overall your "warning" this new user that people on here are not helpful and just provide snotty answers, which sure isn't the case

2. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

He's all bent out of shape because no one told him to go buy a cub cadet tank and that they were best mower on the planet. Everyone said they were junk. In the mean time someone else bought. Which IMO is a blessing in disguise.

Good way to promote the site. Tell new ones that us old farts call them morons.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Please post some examples of this kind of behavior from the old timers (If you can). I want to make sure to avoid those guys when I can.

4. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I like them both, and I run exmark. To me JD parts are more expensive and sometimes certain parts are only available threw JD.

5. ag2112

ag2112 LawnSite Member

No I agree that is not the case for a lot of members on here. However, being new to the business I have searched through a ton of threads where new users are asking good questions about starting up etc. only to have a lot of responses that are rude and inconsiderate. As a whole the community is great and helps out but I am just saying at first it can be somewhat disheartening when you get replies that seem to put your business down. It was a warning so that a newb realizes that you have to let some comments roll off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. looperlawn

looperlawn LawnSite Member

I have had both the ex mark will clump damp or wet grass, the Deere will blow it out same as if were dry. I have mowed in the rain with a Deere it does fine. I have to say exmark have it together on the walk behinds. You being part time you will have to do it wet or dry. I say Deere all the way and they will stripe just the same on the right grass. We cut a lot of Bermuda the exmarks bog and clog. Deere doesn't.

7. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark isn't king anymore. Get a Deere
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Exmark is certainly king here where price is concerned. I was just at the dealer today picking up some supplies and looked the new ones over. Yikes!! $13,499 for a 60" X series?!? Well over $14K for the one with RED.:eek::eek:

9. Choppin

Choppin LawnSite Senior Member

Mans that's crazy... That's a lot of money for a machine.... There isn't a LCO in my town that runs a Exmark... It's Deere or Ferris.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Exmarks still rule here, aminly due to them being "the machine" many years ago. Most new guys see everyone running one, so they figure they have to too if they want to look like a pro as well.:rolleyes: That's slowly changing though. I've started to see other brands on trailers more and more over the last 2 years.