Help FAST!! Phone call should be here at 7pm

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Watson's Landscaping, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys sorry for the short notice but, I had placed a bid for a subdivison's common areas back in dec. and there board meeting was last night. My bid was $115 for cut, trim, edge, blow. Talked to one of the board members at lunch time (I cut his lawn too) and he said that he had some ?s from the other members for me would call at 7 tonight, also told me that there only paying $110 right now. So do I convence him to let me talk in front of the board and tell them why my price is $115 and I'll do a better job or do I lower my price to $105 and see if they bite. Do hate me for saying I'll lower my price but to get this job would be a great thing for me and the bis. right now.

2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Cite cost of gas and what it might be in a couple months.

3. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

$5 if they are concerned over $5 per cut I wouldnt worry about it at all. Dont lower it below what someone else would do, but you could offer to match it if they show you the bid otherwise your price stays the same.

4. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well did they call?

5. Watson's Landscaping

no not yet still waiting, just over on ebay looking at hour meters for my new 36" exmark I'll let you guys now when they call

6. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

If you lower your bid now
    What are you going to do next year when they say they have someone to do it for $100?

Dont lower your bid
    You gave them a fair price for your work didnt you?

At $10 off your price its like giving them every 10th or11th cut free

7. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

$5 one way or the other shouldn't be a deal breaker for them. You're better off losing the work than losing money on it.

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Dont lower your price, dont give them free cuts, stand your ground. Your price is your price! I get lawns all the time for many reasons over their last guy by just simply selling my company and what I can offer them. Owner/operator is a big sell, references are also a good tool. With fuel rising almost .40 in just a few weeks is a factor as well.

9. Watson's Landscaping

O.K. guys thanks for all the help it's what I wanted to do in the first place, sell my service and like you all said $5 should not be a deal breaker. Keep the great advice comming :)

10. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

OK is that Eastern or Central time zone ?