Help - Fertigation Unit installed, cant find fertilizer supplier

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tatootie, Apr 11, 2005.

1. tatootie

tatootie LawnSite Member

Hi guys/gals
    I had a complete irrigation installed 2 years ago complete with a fertigation unit. The company that installed the system serviced it for me for that year, supplyinh me with tablets for the season - they even had a spring, summer, and fall formula. My lawn never looked so good. Last yeat, the company said they couldnt supply me with any more of the tablets, and my lawn did not do good last year. I am very upset - and would love to be able to use it this year. Does anyone know of an online source where I could buy some of these tablets? I have searched for hrs to no avail. I do not believe this fertigation unit is being sold anymore, but wouldnt any solid fertilizer work? It would have to be big enough to not go through the screen in the container though. Any and all help is appreciated!
    thx

2. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

I had researched fertigator quite a while ago and they have a similar concept. How much does this cost?
    Can you install it after your irrigation is installed? Check out that site and search for dealers or email them and see if you can purchased directly from them. I'm assuming their prouducts could work with your system. Good luck and let me know more!

3. tatootie

tatootie LawnSite Member

Unfortunately - fertigator products will not work for me. Fertigator uses liquid fertilizer. Mine has got to be solid, in tablet form.

4. Advance The Man

Advance The Man LawnSite Member

Do you know if the system can be retrofitted on an existing irrigation system?

5. tatootie

tatootie LawnSite Member

Im not sure - I dont know too much about them. All I know is that thing worked sooooooooo awesome, and I want use it again this year!

peace

6. rbeitz

rbeitz LawnSite Member

You might get a better response if you post this question in the Pesticide & Fertilizer Application forum. Those guys seem to know their stuff. Just make sure you tell them you are a homeowner or they'll give you a nice long lecture about how you have to be licensed before you even think about applying weed and feed. :rolleyes: