Help Finding New Mower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by luna, Feb 1, 2006.

1. luna

luna LawnSite Member

Im looking to get in the business and need some help with what kind of mower i should buy, i have been looking at 36" walk behinds but im not sure what kind to buy, any help would be appreciated.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

to 0 years in business....

so what are the size of the properties you are going to mow.... terrain, hills, how many properties will you mow......are there gates in the yards...

please answer some of these questions wo someone here can help you better... good luck :)

3. Poppy

Poppy LawnSite Member

4. luna

luna LawnSite Member

residental yards, some with gates, no hills and i would say about 25 yards a week, has anyone used the mower from better outdoor products? thanks for your help

5. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I would try a lesco, there prices are great, i just bought one and i love it, but anyways check out the site. their 36'' is prices at 2200 i belive. www.lesco.com

6. luna

luna LawnSite Member

is there a stripping kit you can buy for it, or does it already do a good job

7. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

we have the super duty from better and love it. it is very easy to use and it provides a very good cut.

8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

What dealers do you have that carry parts and has a decent service department? What is your budget? I started out with belts (Exmark Lesco) Both mowers made money but wished I had started with a hydro. Little more expensive in the short haul but much more productive and cause less fatigue in the long haul. Since you are just starting a decent commercial mower with parts availabilty should be your primary concern. (No backup) Think about waiting several days for a part in the spring while your 25 accounts are growing 6 inches a week.

9. luna

luna LawnSite Member

the only dealers in the town i live in sell ferris, bradley, and husquvarna, im planning on spending about $3,000 but was hoping to maybe spend a little less if possible, i did find a bobcat dealer about 25 miles away. Anyone know anything about bobcat or bradley

10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ