1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help Finding Tractor For Parade In Missouri

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by trent515, Sep 29, 2006.

1. trent515

trent515 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,
    I have expended all my other options, so I thought I would go to the experts. I am in need of a small tractor to pull a 4X6 playhouse and small trailer in our homecoming parade. This is a showcase/fundraising plug for Habitat for Humanity, as we are selling the playhouses we build. We don't need anything fancy, but something other than a truck would be nice. I have found several rental tractors, but that is running into a lot of money. Any other ideas of where to go to find a cheap tractor for pulling this outfit? If anyone here is remotely close to Columbia Missouri, we'd definitely reimburse you somehow (fill er up with fuel, some cash for the hassle etc.). We'd be willing to showcase advertising on the tractor or trailer in exchange for this as well. Let me know your ideas!

P.S. Doesn't have to be a new, fancy rig. An old Farmall, Ford, Allis, etc. would be fine.
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

a 10 horse or larger garden tractor and a golf cart trailer would do the job.
  3. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you checked with your local dealer? Usually they'll volunteer the services of one of their tractors.
  4. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

give a try on www.redpowermagazine.com forums

MANY nice people from Mo. on there one would probably do it for fuel at the most....if you get lucky maybe 4-5 will come have their own parade