Help for a beginner

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by yzwannab, Jul 26, 2006.

1. yzwannab

yzwannab LawnSite Member

I am starting a lawn business. But im worried about my name. I was wondering how I can see a list of registered titles form my sos.?????:confused:

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

When I actually registered my name at the county courthouse, they first had me search thru their database to make sure the name was not already being used. I don't know if that same database is available to view from your PC... I would imagine it would be similar where you live, call the courthouse and see.

3. yzwannab

yzwannab LawnSite Member

ok thank you sooo much

4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Not quite sure what your saying? Glad to see you support the Marines. Soon as I graduate from high school I'm joining.

5. TheLawnBarber

Ok I know what your talkin about now.

6. yzwannab

yzwannab LawnSite Member

any tips then? and yes i love the corps, was in the suck for 4 years ugh rah!

7. TheLawnBarber

Are you mowing commercial or residential?

8. yzwannab

yzwannab LawnSite Member

residential y?

9. sweatyclippingcoveredguy

sweatyclippingcoveredguy LawnSite Member

Dude, go with your name. If you want a ficticious name it'll cost you a bit. "Billy bo-bob jane-jo-earl-susan's Lawn care doesn't matter if you're not paying the ridiculous ficticious name fees. You'll be getting business. You need to represent yourself as a professional, with your last name... but if your want something fancy it'll cost you to start up. Simple as that. Good luck buddy. :drinkup:

10. yzwannab

yzwannab LawnSite Member

ok so like "mow-bility lawncare" would work out alright?