Help Forming an LLC!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by blewis3412, Feb 12, 2007.

1. blewis3412

blewis3412 LawnSite Member

Where do I start?
    How long does it take?
    What about using an internet company to do the work for me?
  2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Do it yourself. Costs about $150. Go to your states website and it should walke you through it.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How do you know you want LLC? Or corp? Spend an hour with an attorney to decide what is best IMO.
  4. LemkeLawns

LemkeLawns LawnSite Member

an LLC is a form of Corp. We just finished ours up last week, it took about 10 days. If you dont have a law degree I sugest to have a lawyer and cpa do the whole thing. Yes its about $1200 but you get what you pay for.
  5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it cost me 300 $$ for a lawyer to do it. and it took about 15 minutes for me to fill out paperwork and then within the day it was submitted to the state. and if im not mistaken it took way less than a week for it to get back to me signed and legit.
  6. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

theres a fee every year for keeping the LLC too. i think its $150 or $250. i forget. Good Luck
  7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

As someone said, go to the state website. DL the forms. If you have a question about the form. Post a link and the question.
  8. Lawnworks of Hop.  LLC

Lawnworks of Hop. LLC LawnSite Member

Have an accountant do it. Should cost around $300. I would not pay much more than that.
  9. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a lawyer to incorporate me and it was $350 and it was well worth it
  10. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

Did my LLC in December by myself.....cost $50.00 thru the State. I am an LLC but I have chosen thru the IRS to be taxed as an S-Corp. According to my CPA it will save me from paying some taxes on myself and the business too. Just my 2 cents (I am no CPA or tax expert).