Help from the Scag guys?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WPLE, Oct 7, 2008.

1. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

I am asking for some input on a Wildcat 61" with a 26 horse LC Kawi. Does anybody currently run this setup that would share the ins and outs of this machine? Does the 26 kawi offer enough power.

I have also been shot an out the door price of 12,500 for mower, clamshell, and suspension seat. Mower base price is 9,199.00. How does these numbers sound to everybody?
  2. I.M. Green

I.M. Green LawnSite Member

I know you asked for a scag guy which I'm not, I have nothing against them just never had the opportunity to use one very much. Anyhow for that size mower and that much money I would see if you have a Kubota dealer near buy. You should be able to get a 60" with a 33hp diesel for about the same price. It would definitely have the power for it. Just my thoughts. Sorry if I hijack your thread though...
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats not a real good price on it. i would try to get something with more hp. i have a 29dfi on my tiger and it has just enough power but i wouldnt want anything less.
  4. Fourstar Lawnscaping

Fourstar Lawnscaping LawnSite Member

I have that exact mower I have no problem with power the bagger may bog it down alittle.
  5. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

dont know much about the TT (i thought the thread might be on wb's which i know some about). anyway, the one guy said look at kubota, my neighbor just got a 60" kubota w/ the diesel motor and i cant stand it. the motor is loud as heck, and the ride is horrible. i cannot stand that mower, and would hate to see anyone put down that kind of money on a POS.
  6. chilibean

chilibean LawnSite Member

I am a long time Scag owner and have 2 turf tigers. I had a demo wildcat 61 with a kawi (may have been a 26hp not sure) but i will be very honest. I love this mower, i was shocked at how much i liked it. I never considered a wildcat untill i used one, it is a really great mower. Don't pay that price though, the dealers around me only want a little over 9K. I could of had the demo for $7800.
    I also tried the Lazer AS and there is no comparison the scag wins hands down (Lazer cuts better though). I ended up with a true Lazer 60" 27KOH for 10K ONLY because i had to finance it and EXMARK has got some KILLER deals on financing. The scag was through sheffield and i have been raped by sheff. for over 15yrs and i will not give them another dime.
    Turf Tigers are way to overpriced nowadays (best mower on the market) but i will not pay 12k for a mower. I am going to trade em in every 2yrs from now on. The 2 Tigers i have now are nickle and dimin' me to death.

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

mower = 9199.00
    clamshell = 2699.00
    suspension seat = 499.00
    + tax/set up/finance fee?

sounds like they are taking pretty good care of you! enjoy it, you will not be disappointed in the quality
  8. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply guys, I am not one to trade or sell equipment everyother year or anything, so I am looking at this like a long term investment. This is why I want to make sure I get what I want and will still be working five seasons from now.

Keep the comments coming...please
  9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Earlier this year my dealer had a 52"Wildcat, I know not the 61" for $7500 Clamshell I cannot comment about.
  10. Scgentlman1

Scgentlman1 LawnSite Member

I just purchased the wildcat 61" with 26 kohler,also the clamshell system for $11,400 out the door, I really enjoy the machine,