Lawn Care Forum banner

help from veterans

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  proline32 
#1 ·
Need help from some "hardcore cutters" (veterans of the trade). I submitted an estimate on a 15 acre industrial site. Lots of grass to be mowed and lots of weeds to be sprayed. I'm currently running a 48" Scag ztr and a 36" Exmark. I know I'll need some serious firepower to tackle a property this size. I'm looking at adding a 60" Scag, Exmark, or Bad boy ztr or even possibly a tractor with a finish mower/bush hog. What do yall recommend?
Also, does anyone know about the 100 gal sprayers that A. M. Leonard sells. Are they any good. What type of 100 gal pull behind sprayer do yall recommend? Thanks for the info. :D

#9 ·
i have 72" toro z master 26hp efi
if that was all open area or enough i would tear that up. Look into toro because toro owns exmark or vise versa. I like the toro better because of the z-stand, wider gas tank openings, and because the owner of my shop is down to earth.

peace my brother
bryan

#10 ·
A 60" ZTR should be able to cut 15 acres in approx. 4 hrs and will also fit on most smaller properties. I run eXmark and love them. Whatever brand you decide upon I think the 60" is the most versital. Unless there is an awful lot of trimming, one person should be able to do this property in 8 hrs.

As far as sprayers I don't know. I've seen some at the local Co-Op pretty cheap but I don't know how well they work.
Good luck on the bid. There's nothing better than parking once and working all day instead of spending 2 hrs a day driving between jobs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.