1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

help going straight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Apr 6, 2007.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

What is the easiest way to adjust the levers on a badboy pup to make it go straight, it is pulling to one side.

2. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

3. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

it should be in the book.i had to do my JD but its better to see it in your book than i can tell you.
  4. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

I looked in the book and all that it said was to take it to an authorized dealer???
  5. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Usually there are stop bolts or something right about where the levers are mounted. Take a look there or under the frame where the levers attach and see if you can adjust them.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

and WHO is your authorized dealer... and why isnt it in the manual...... two important questions to ask about dbuying equipment from tractor supply , lowes and HD......

there are stop bolts that are adjusted.... only adjust one to match with the other... let the slow side bolt out to be a bit longer, and try it, keep adjusting till it tracks straight....
  7. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

I took it back to the dealer today, I had done messed it all up, I thought that I could fix it and maybe I wouldn't have to drive 60 miles. I tried to adjust the push rods that are connected to the wheel motors, I got it to where it still wasn't driving straight and it wouldn't set still in neutral:hammerhead:
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Don't worry, adjusting the tracking can be a pain in the arse.
  9. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm surprised no one's commented on the title of this thread. LOL
  10. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

An even easier way to quickly fix the tracking is to mess with the tire pressure. Dropping or adding a few pounds in each drive wheel can dramaticly effect tracking. For instance, if the machine is veering to the right, then put the right tire at 37 and drop the left to 32, might do enough to correct it. Just don't explode one or leave one to squishy.