Help Gravleys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, May 9, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well i went to the delear today cause im looking for a WB, and he gave me these quotes on Pro H WB's... for a 17hp 48in floating deck Hydro its $4899 and for a 15hp 48in Fixed deck Belt Drive its $3099. What do yall think is the most bang for your buck. There residental lawns, but 20 a week, and i also have 15k flyers going out in the mail on weds so ill hopefully pick up another 10-20 customers.

Please help, thanks... also if there are any other simular wb's please post. I would really like a 48in Hydro Floating Deck, but they're real expensive. Hes trying to sell me the 15hp fixed 48in deckbelt drive for now.

or should i maybe get a cheaper gravley such as a 32in for this year then next year get a 48 or 52, so that way the 32 will fit through small gates and next year ill but a 48 or 52 and use that for front lawns and the 32 or 36 for back. Please Help, thank you

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I would go with plan B, and get a bigger mower next year.
    I would also go with a hydro, too.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

32 or 36in? im thinking 32 to make sure itll clear a gate, but idk, a 36 would prolly fit, even if i gotta tip it into the gate

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

they only have hydro 36ins but there not floating decks :( they dont make 32in hydros with a floating deck, they dont have the floating deck and hydro conbo till the 48in. hmm. all i know is i want a 36, but sense they dont have the 36in hydro and float deck idk now. hmm

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i got a gravely 44" ZTR for cheaper than $4899. I shopped a bit, in S.E michigan and found a good dealer. Sterling Heights area. Where are you located?

6. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

go with toro

is it a pistol gripe ?

popeye forearms

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You don't need a floating deck in the 36". Gravely fixed decks on the hydros at least, use a pin system to quick adjust, unlike true fixed decks that require moving caster spacers, spindle spacers, and the wheel axle. And the amount of "floating" that 36" decks do is minimal anyway, since they don't stick out much past the wheels on the sides.

8. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Bruce32 in that you don't need the floating deck for the 36. I have the 48" floating deck but if it were smaller there wouldn't be much benefit. I'd go with plan B and get the 36 hydro.

As for pricing, I paid $3,000 OTD for my 48" floating with the 15. You might be able to get the price down a bit on the 36. Good luck.

9. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I was going to get the pro G 36" so i could fit into back yards but i dont have any gated accounts yet so I'm going with the 44", its only 2600 has the striper kit, double blades, and I'm trying to get a mulch kit in too for that price :D I measured my gate and some neighbors gates and a 36 would fit in all of them.

10. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

please tell me where it is. im close, im in Grosse Pointe, Clinton TWP, Saint Claire Shores, Harper Woods etc. im in the area of sterling heights.... I was buying my equ. from Bourliers on 16 and utica, its kinda expensive.

Where is the place you went to!?!?! thanks