1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

HELP HELP HELP I need your help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Wrobel#1, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

I have a customer with a 30X90 dog run its half woods and half open land she wants me to cover the area with stone dust any other suggestions. SHe's paying but I do better work then that she doesn't want mulch or pea gravel. Please throw me a suggestion thanks DAve

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Ok maybe that made sense to you, but could you spell it out a little better for the rest of us.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

he's asking for an alternative to the stone she wants to use. he's offered some, and refused them. looking for more choices.

4. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

thats right fga i thought it was pretty clear

5. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Dave
    Stone Dust is the material of choice, easy to clean up and to walk on.

Best Choice !

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I would think that it would be in your best interest to do what the customer wants. They told you what they want, so it is obvious to me that they have their mind made up. If you can do better that is good, but I would do want the customer wants. They customer is always right.

7. Coffeecraver

from VA.

Cut a pathway through the dog run about 4" deep

Put a layer of black plastic down in the pathway.electrical square staples are what I use. Take a hammer and tack them right into the ground.

Then fill with stonedust.

You could charge for the pathway by the foot and I would suggest 13.00
    per ft to dig it, include all labor and plastic and electrical staples

2700 sq ft you need 23 tons at 2 " deep (my estimate 23-25 dollars per ton.)

1170.00 Labor
    575.00 Materials
    Total Job = 1745.00 Stone Delivery is extra

You could also add some landscaping with trees and shrubs to help screen the dog run.

8. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

IMO i love stonedust

9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

How much does stonedust weigh per cubic yard?

I always estimated 1500 pounds per yard of stonedust...have I been wrong all these years?

If my calculations are correct at 2" deep you are looking at 17 yards. Well @ 1500#'s per yard its comes out to be ~13tons. If its a ton per yard you are looking at ~17 tons. According to your calculations its ~2800 pounds per yard...man that's heavy.

10. Coffeecraver

from VA.