Help Help Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Firstclasslawn, May 31, 2004.

1. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ok I am fixing to hire a guy to pass out fliers, knock on doors POSSIBLY bid accounts and etc, what should I pay him to pass out fliers and what should I pay him per commercial account that he gets me--like what percent or what is the best way to do it, any advice would be very helpful Thank you all

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if any of my freinds, family, anyone i know, reccommends me and i get a new account or landscaping job, i give them $50 (not much but they still like it, because they wernt expecting anything), and if its a customer that reccomends me to someone else and i gain an account, i give them a $35 deduction on their current bill for that month, or landscape job depending on what it is. that helps gain me alot more customers. ;)

3. Firstclasslawn

Yeah but see what I am talkin about is having this guy 3 days a week go out and hit the pavement actually knocking on doors and going into business so if he lands me a $45.00 a week house then shouldnt he make like $20.00 a month off of that house each month and if he gets me a $2,000 dollar apt complex then shouldnt he make like $3-400.00 per month off of landing me that and then what should I pay him per flyer or per hour to pass out flyers?????????

4. 2BladeRunners

2BladeRunners LawnSite Member

I established a source code with every account so I know what works and what doesn't. It's just my partner and I so we decided on 10% of the take goes to covering the origination cost. If he sells it he gets 10% more of the net for that account. If a customer gives us areferral they receive one free mow. (Never had one of my large commercial accounts give a referral...I might want to give that some thought!) If family or friend come through with a referral we pay 10% of the sale.

If this person isn't mowing while their not selling why not just pay them commission?

5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Nope nope and nope. I read that you want to know how to pay a guy hangin door hangers. Hourly. I hear you wanting to pay him some commision possibly, fine 10% or 25% one time. He gets paid when the customer pays the first bill. Otherwise you might end up with bogus orders. His motivation to Sell is he only gets the commision one time. Try the two together even.

6. Firstclasslawn

Man I would love to just pay commission, I just wander how many people will knock doors in the dead azz heat for just commission :0) who know,, ok more suggestions nayone and thanks for those who have commented so far.

7. Firstclasslawn

see acute cut, what I am talking about is white guy comes to me and says k man I got you so and so on so and so street and its $45.00 a week then I say ok and I mow them and once I get paid then EVERY month he gets a percent of the total cost, because see lets just say that I just pay him a onetime fee WELL he wants to pay rent just like we do and on top of that he cant get me 20,000 accounts in one year just so he can live nor could I probably handle that scope :0) but see lets just say for the sake of saying that he gets me a $200.00 dollar account ok well each month he gets $25.00 dollars off of that ---well thats not a lot of money but at the same time it motivates him to get enough accounts to make a living for which most non entrepenuers is about $1500.00 to $2,000 a month ---OK ANY SUGGESTIONS now ? serioulsy I am open for suggestions

8. Firstclasslawn

Oh by the way who can tell me how to become a senior member or a lawnsite addict ?? I am just curious

9. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

i think it is based on number of posts.

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I have my brother go out and get me accounts, I give him 20 bucks per lawn that he lands me and 25 bucks a day since he only goes out for like 4 hours a day. not bad for walking around and talking to people, i'd do it but hes way better with talking with people.

Bye the way, if you were to give them 400 per month for a 2000 account that would be silly! I'd say give them 50 bucks one time or something, 400 a month for how long is way way too much.