Help ! Help !

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JayD, Mar 20, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I am doing a bid for a res. cut and she has three of those trees that drop brown balls with little sticklys on them. I don't know what they are called but I'm sure that you all know what I'm talking about. The question is, will they be a problem on my tiers (flats) and do you just mow over them or rake them up before or after the cut. Please respond fast.........I need to give her price today if poss. Thank you for all your help.
    JayD

2. TKO Landscaping

TKO Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

pine cones

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Sweetgum Balls.....I cut a yard full of em today. I dont clean them up I just mulch em. Never got a flat tire from them.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweetgum Tree

If it could put a hole in a tire ... .it could do it do the bottom of a bare foot ... nnnn if I remember my childhood ... the answer is NO

We use to just bag em up

5. amtrucker22

amtrucker22 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

:laugh: :dizzy: :clapping:

6. JayD

NO, Not pine cones.............round balls with stickers on them, not turd-like shape pinecones.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

7. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

We use the redmax backpack blowers and blow the gumballs into a pile. Thanks to redmax we hardly ever use a rake anymore!

8. JayD

Thank's, I never thought of that. I would rather do that then run over the little critters.

9. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Chestnuts? They drop green but if they have been there all winter they would be brown. If thats what they are it won't hurt your tires or blades. Just your feet if you're bare footed.;)

10. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like they came from a gum tree too.