1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Help! how do I attach this sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Apluslawncare, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Apluslawncare

Apluslawncare LawnSite Member

I just bought a used sulky for my lawn mower and now I am stuck, how do I attach this?

I tried this but it didn't work at all

2. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

The mounting plate that goes with that is missing. It bolts to mower from back like plate on there except it has a tube (like pipe) welded on it on the back side. that runs parallel with plate, only few inches long.. It is just shorter than the two ears on the sulky so it fits inbetween them. Has brass bushings that slide in on both ends and a grease zert in middle of it. Then a bolt goes thru center of the sulky ears as well as the mount. Geno
  3. Apluslawncare

you know where I can get one and how much they run for?
  4. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Damn your mower and sulky are rusty!
  5. Apluslawncare

haha yea that one is, it runs wonderfully so I bought it with the intension of sanding it down and painting it, so far I've only done the belt cover plate. lol I'm not likely to get much further. the sulky i just bought for 30 bucks because I wanted one for this mower and didn't feel like paying for a good one. that I actually will sand down and paint because its much easier. Does anyone have any ideas on how to connect this without buying that connector piece. preferably without welding however I do have a welder and that is a possiblilty
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The sulkey looks like it might have been a Velke, back in it's day... You can get the mount for in from J-Thomas and you can either order a pin thru them or go to a farm supply store and find one that fits. The mount that attaches to the mower comes with the bushings, I learned that the hard way... Ordered the mount AND the 2 bushings. duh...

I'll say it too, dang, that's one haggared out mower! Any pics of the whole thing? Looks like it has sat outside year around for the last 20 years.
  7. Apluslawncare

Here's the whole mower, its wet in this picture. You can see the belt cover that I redid that part looks nice haha thats about it though. I'll fix up the cosmetics eventually, it runs great, has new belts and sharp blades, thats what counts.

8. Trenchblade

Trenchblade LawnSite Senior Member

check J-thomas.com, they have a few different sulkies and various parts.