Help?? hydro problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by baddboygeorge, Sep 5, 2006.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Great dane finally gave out today right side hydro has no reverse an little foward so is that a pump or wheel motor ???? anyone have any experience?? let me know thanks George

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

pump. make sure the belt is good and the dump valve is closed befor you do anything.

3. baddboygeorge

belt is new an dump valve is closed tight. I need new pumps . Where is the best place to purchase new pumps ! thanks George

4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

5. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the input control on the pump you should have two small screws that often come loose on the input control shaft of the pump take a look here and tighten them down before replacing your pump.

6. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Along with what MM suggested, You may want to check all hose fittings making sure they are tight. Check for any dirt accumulating around them. This could be a sign of a slight leak that could let the system suck air and cause the problem you are experiencing. I have seen this a few times and saved the customers costly repairs of replacing hydro. pumps.

7. baddboygeorge

I am checking everything out now so i will let you know tomm. or when i get the results thanks for the help !!

8. baddboygeorge

mowermedic an restrorob you guys hit the nail on the head . first off the screw in the input shaft was broken , optical illusion from the top due to the screw head being visible . After taking a closer look the bottom of the screw was broken off, i found it laying down there in old grass that was around the pump housing, so i replaced the bolt an nut , tightened all my fitings , dump valves , clean pumps off from dirt an grime an guess what . This machine Has never operated so well.All i can say is THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU!!!
    Sincerely ,,George

9. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Good to hear you got it straightened out !!!

Good Call MM.....

10. baddboygeorge

I cant say it enough!! Thanks George