Help! Hypro d19 puked!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1stclasslawns, Apr 26, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I was spraying today and as I was finishing up the first tank the Hypro D19 blew the oil fill cap off and blew oil and chemical over the end of the tank!

I figure its the diaphrams or one of thm at least. Can anyone tell me what I am going to need to order to fix it and give me the ins and outs.

Thanks in advance

Jim

2. IGROTURF

IGROTURF LawnSite Member
    from CHAR NC

all you need is a rebuild kit for your d19 pump. you might as well replace all the diaphrams and o rings. Lesco sells the kits.
    if you spray a lot you should plan on rebuilding the pump at the start of the season. this is not a hard job just messy.
    mike

3. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

lesco is 3 hours away do you have an approximent cost. I have some friends comming up this week and I can have them get me the kit.

Jim

4. IGROTURF

IGROTURF LawnSite Member
    from CHAR NC

About $40.00, this will rebuild the whole pump. you could call 1-800-321-4325 at Lesco and they can ups the kit to you.Mike

5. lordohturf

lordohturf LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

When you change diaphrams, make sure you check the springs on the valves to make sure they are not stuck or broken.

This could also be part of your problem. If you do diaphrams,
    not a bad idea to replace o rings on valves and maybe the valves
    themselves, on older sprayers.

6. Complete rebuild kit for a D30 was $80 from Rittenhouse.

I think the D19 will be pretty close to this.

Diaphragms, all rings, seals, and valves.