Help I don't want to lose this client

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dukester, Oct 3, 2002.

1. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

I'm trying to build up the lawn and make a client happy. He has centipede grass. It had a lot of broad leaf weeds in it. I got rid of the weeds but now the grass is thin, just about the half weeds and half grass. Can I reseed his lawn this time of the year. We are in Covington, La. the weather is WET thanks to "Lili". Thanks for the help in advance. Duke

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

From my limited experience with Centipede seed, it takes a while for it to establish. It may work a little faster since your so far south, but I bet it will still take until sometime next year to really fill in. In the mean time, why not aerate it and give it a good fertilizer treatment. That should help it thicken back up.

3. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

What a joke he's pulling. Trying to imply 1/2 acre aeration for $45.

Here is the one you want for the Walker.

[​IMG]

5. dukester

dukester LawnSite Member

How much money are you talking about? Do yours get a lot of use?

6. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know...it seems like alot of folks that have the millcreeks like them but I tried new tines and lots of weights and found it to be a highly ineffective machine for my application. I think that $860 could have been better spent!

The NEW machine that is pictured is around $3000. We have a demo coming this next tuesday. I'll let you know how it works.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its the cam assembly that is on my Plugr's. Walker used the cam assembly and made it work to their mower. It should work just like my w/b's do. If it does, you would have an awesome aerator.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

dukester,

I'm not real familiar with centipede, but it seems I do remember that it doesn't like one of the three elements in fertilize (N P K). A good reliable soil test is where I would start. I'd use this situation to my advantage. Become well schooled on taking care of it if you aren't already and try to get them on a good full maintanence program.

Your count extension agent, if you have one is a good source of info. Hope this helps.

9. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to kill it, just use too much nitrogen. If you feed it like bermuda, you will kill it. I put a very low nitrogen fertilizer on in spring and fall.