1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

HELP!!! I just got my first account.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwells7, Jan 29, 2008.

1. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

what kind of personal information should i receive from my clients and what important information should i give to them? what do you do? thanx in advance
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I am assuming you are actually trying to obtain seasonal accts and this didn't just catch you out of the clear blue....
    If so, you will want to have your clients sign two copies of your service agreement (one for both of you), with your countersignature of course. Explain all terms of the agreement plainly to them, clearly explaining your per cut charge and when will be billed. You will also want to jot down particulars about the property like day of week they prefer mowed, time of day, any obstacles to note in yard (ie sprink heads), etc. Make sure you get their full name, addy, ph #, e-mail (if possible) and advise any adjustments you may need to make to your schedule will be communicated clearly to them. Give them your biz card in exchange and advise can call any time if questions. At this point, a good client will just let you go about doing your weekly work and you will probably rarely see them which is good:)

If they request a copy of your GL insurance, you can advise will have your agent mail/fax to them right away.
  3. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

:usflag::usflag:thank you thank you thank you> that's exactly what i needed:usflag::usflag: