HELP, I Need 2 New 36" Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Total Lawncare Solutions, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Total Lawncare Solutions

Total Lawncare Solutions LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

Great site and nice to see lawncare guys sharing info.

My problem.

We just landed 40 accounts in a subdivision that all have 37" gates. We currently run only larger riders 60" and up on mostly commercial props so we are going to need a couple 36"'s for these accounts.

There are 3 REQUIREMENTS for the 36"'s

1) Must be reliable and built extremely tough

2) Must be Dual Hydro Driven

3) Must have a fully baffled mulch kit (not a block off plate)

I appreciate any input on your experiences with different brands that meet thee requirements.

So far I have only looked at an Exmark Turf Tracer with the Micro Mulch kit.

Thanks,

Warren

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Why must they be dual hydros ? How big are the yards ?

3. Total Lawncare Solutions

The lawns are very small and there is tons of turning and there will be a few sloped ditches as well

Dual hydro drive is a must.

4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I do not run walk-behinds at all.

That being said, if it were me on what I've "heard" from other folks, Exmark or Toro with the mulch kits would be the first ones I'd look at.

5. ACutAboveNC

ACutAboveNC LawnSite Member

Scag or Exmark are the only way to go imo when it comes to walk behinds.

6. Total Lawncare Solutions

Thanks, I'll see if we can get a demo on the Scag.

We use the Exmark riders and I was able to run the Exmark Turf Tracer with Micro Mulch kit. The unit performed very well overall.

Just wanted to weigh my options.

7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Scag definitely meets the tough parts ours runs every day all day and has done that for 7 years with only a couple new engines and replacement of a few worn out parts. If you got a little more money the Wright Sentar Sport RH is a pretty solid unit.....we mulch 100% with both units with out closed.

8. Total Lawncare Solutions

Hello,

I did inquire about the Wright Stander RH but was told that there was only a discharge block off plate avail. for mulching and not a fully baffled mulch kit. Was I misinformed?

We have not had success w/just block off plates on the riders so a fully baffled mulch kit is required.

9. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

If those lawns are that small, you may consider a 32 instead. I can't tell you how many times our 36 would not quite fit through the 36/37 inch gate. The extra 4 inches will not buy you much on a small lawn with obstacles anyway.

10. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad...The new Toro T2's meet all the above except its 40". Built like a tank too...