Help!-I need a hitch!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kevin, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Want to rig up something for the back of the Lazer to accomodate pulling behind a yard cart.(pulling the kids around on halloween) Also next spring to tow an aerator. Need to go down to the white horse machine shop and get something fabricated! Thanks Kevin

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you can't make one yourself, Exmark sells the kit. I think it sells for about 30 bucks.

3. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Trying to get one done this week!!!

4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I see that you are a "last minute Louie" type LOL.If you cant get the factory part this week and cant weld or fabricate yourself-take it to a welding shop-they have to ba able to hook you up in a day or so.Pulling the kids around with the mower on halloween-thats a new use for a ZTR.Im using my work cart this year for my kids since I wont be able to walk on halloween this year due to minor surgery.

5. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

HOw well would a ztr do pulling a aerator around? Would it damage the ztr?

6. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Pulling an aerator around with a ztr wouldn't hurt it one bit. I'm going to buy the kit for my laser and get one next spring. ZTR's are built for abuse and trust me, aerating isn't going to hurt it!!!!

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hey..........If all else fails go to your local Dixie chopper dealer and buy one ............they already have a hitch on the back of theres! Man, they thought of everything!

Homer

8. Lawn Cruiser

Lawn Cruiser LawnSite Member

A hitch should be simple to fabricate. If you can't the machine shop can easily.

9. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I made one. And pull a aerator around for 5 hours without stoping no problem.
    I use the bracket from my wb for the sulky drilled a hole in the middle and put it flat against the tip over bar and put a 2x4 behind it and put bolt thru it into the 2x4. Hole that are in the bracket is the ones I used instead of drilling more

10. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Got the plate fabricated Thursday . Now able to pull around cart, aerator etc, total cost $8.48! Solid steel, welded on!